Geek Beat is one of the world’s most recognizable tech news brands, delivering a daily news show hosted by Cali Lewis at least three times a week, as well as a weekly LIVE show every Friday at 3pm CST co-hosted by Cali and John P.
Host, Cali Lewis
An early podcasting pioneer, Cali Lewis began covering tech news online immediately after the release of the first video iPod. She knew it was revolutionary, and expected people would need content for the new format. That’s exactly what happened!
Cali Lewis has become a household name in the tech industry and her podcasts have been viewed hundreds of millions of times over the last six years. She’s also a noted industry commentator with regular appearances on BBC, CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, Sirius, and as both a keynote speaker and panel participant at industry events.
She’s also the President of Livid Lobster, Inc, Geek Beat’s parent company. You can find out more about the company (and of course where the name came from!) at LividLobster.com.
Co-Host, John Pozadzides
Yep, that’s why we call him John “P.”! John P. is the co-host for Geek Beat LIVE and a regular host on the Geek Beat Daily Show. On the LIVE show he’s not just the comedic relief, he knows what he’s talking about, and he’s unpredictable… Did we mention he plays with fire a little too much?
John is Livid Lobster’s Chief Executive, which means we rely on him to keep the lights on, the cameras rolling and green M&Ms in Cali’s bowl!
He’s an experienced executive who retired from the corporate world so he could travel around and focus on the things he loves. Oh, and he runs a little blog you may have heard of called One Man’s Blog.
Behind the Scenes
It takes a huge team to make Geek Beat happen, what with all of the blogging, live streaming, video editing and more! Head on over and check out the rest of the Team at Livid Lobster.
Geek Beat Distribution
Like most other shows we don’t publicly discuss all of our metrics, but here are a few KPIs we keep an eye on:
- In addition to the views on public sites like YouTube, the daily show is downloaded as a podcast over 1 million times per month.
- The Live show, on average, is watched 200,000 times monthly.
- Special Live event coverage can receive 250-500k viewers over the course of a single day.
- Cali and John promote episodes and product reviews across Twitter and Google+. Cali has over 900k followers across the two (Cali on Twitter and Google+), and John has nearly 70k more (John on Twitter and Google+).
- The Live show is also broadcast on the Youtoo Television Network nationwide in the US. Youtoo is currently in 15M households and expanding rapidly.
Geek Beat Demographics
We’re also often asked about the Geek Beat audience, so here is some Quantcast data that we believe fairly accurately reflects what we’ve seen through our personal interactions with the audience:
If you need additional demographic information feel free to contact us and we’ll see how we can be of assistance.
GeekBeat has also been invited to cover tech industry events such as CE Week New York and CEDIA EXPO as the official media partner.