It seems like you can’t go more than a few weeks without a major announcement in the wireless industry. Today was no exception. AT&T launched a new low-price family plan with no contract. They’re calling it Mobile Share Value for Families. For a $130 a month, you get two lines, unlimited talk, unlimited text, and a whopping 10GB of 4G LTE Data. Additional lines are only $15 a line. For a 4-person family, this represents a $100 savings for the 10GB data allotment over AT&T contract Mobile Share plans and similar plans from Verizon and AT&T. It’s also $25 less per additional line. The plan is also compatible with AT&T’s Next installment plan. To sweeten the pot, they’re even giving you a $100 credit per new line activated. For the full details, here’s AT&T’s press release.
AT&T Launches Best-Ever Prices for Families on its Best-in-Class Network
Big Savings Available for Millions of Families & Small Businesses
Dallas, Texas, February 01, 2014 Get ready to take advantage of AT&T’s1 (NYSE:T) best-ever prices for people wanting a family-size bucket of data and unlimited talk and text on the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network.2 As an example, a family of four can now get unlimited talk and text, and 10GB of data – enough for the whole family to share – for $160 a month.3
These best-ever prices on AT&T’s best-in-class network are available beginning tomorrow to any AT&T customer, including small businesses with up to 10 lines, and customers of Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile and other wireless carriers who switch to AT&T.
Here’s how it works
Monthly Service Cost Family-Size 10GB of Data + Unlimited Talk & Text
# Of Smartphones:
Need more than 5 lines?
Easy. It’s $15 more per line.
New Customers Can Switch and Save
Customers new to AT&T can get these best-ever prices on AT&T’s award-winning network when they sign up for a 10GB or larger bucket of data and purchase a phone with AT&T NextSM (no annual service contract and get a new device every year for $0 down) or bring their own device or purchase a phone at full retail price.
Here’s an example: Today, Verizon charges $260 monthly for a comparable plan that’s now $160 from AT&T. A family with four smartphones with unlimited talk and text, and a shared 10GB bucket of data, could switch to AT&T from Verizon and save $100 a month. In addition to the big monthly savings, the family in this example would get a $400 bill credit for the four smartphone lines of service added.4
Savings for Current AT&T Customers
Current AT&T customers can save big with these new plans, too, when they choose a 10GB or larger bucket of data. For example, a family or small business with four smartphones could move to this new plan and save between $40 and $100 per month, depending on their current plan.5
“These new plans give customers what they want – our best-ever prices on a best-in-class network,” said David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility. “We’re making it easy for families who want it all – great service, great value and big bucket of data to share.”
Also, for a limited time only, all new and existing AT&T customers will receive a $100 bill credit for each new line of service added – whether a smartphone, tablet, feature phone, mobile hotspot or AT&T Wireless Home Phone.6
Starting tonight, customers can learn more about the new plans and determine which plan is best for them at www.att.com/mobilesharesavings.
New Low Prices Combined with AT&T’s Best-in-Class Network
Network coverage and quality are top reasons customers choose AT&T.
RootMetrics® ranked AT&T 1st or tied for 1st in combined (call, text, data) performance in 93 of 125 cities in the second half of 2013 – more markets than any other carrier. Our next closest competitor was tops in 68 markets. All other wireless companies were tops in only five markets combined.7
AT&T’s 4G LTE network now covers nearly 280 million people across the country – that’s
more than 60 million more people than Sprint or T-Mobile covers.
When it comes to voice, AT&T is in a dead heat with Verizon for fewest dropped calls, at less than one percent. Our other two national competitors have twice as many or more dropped calls.
AT&T’s 4G LTE network was recognized as delivering faster average download and upload speeds than any of our competitors in PCWorld/TechHive’s most recent 20-market speed tests.8
Also, AT&T was named as America’s fastest 4G LTE network in PC Magazine’s most recent study. AT&T swept the top rankings in all six U.S. regions, and ranked 1st in 24 of the 30 markets.9
Plus, AT&T Mobility offers customers an award-winning customer service and retail experience.
1. AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
2. Claim based on data transfer completion rates on nationwide 4G LTE networks. 4G LTE avail. varies.
3. Value pricing for no annual service contract or on an installment agmt. Other charges & restr’s apply.
4. Savings: Compares 4 phones on AT&T Mobile Share® Value w/ no annual contracts to Verizon Share Everything®. Bill credit: offer ends 3/31/14. Must activate new postpaid wireless line. Must be in good standing for 45 days. Credit rec’d w/in 3 bills. Other charges & restr’s apply.
5. Customers who choose to upgrade at the end of their current agreement are required to sign-up for NEXT, bring their own device or purchase a phone a full retail price in order to keep this plan.
6. Offer ends 3/31/14. Subject to change. Activate new eligible postpaid wireless line to receive credit. GoPhone®, Machine-to-Machine, Enterprise on Demand & activations on BusinessConnect plans not included. Must maintain svc & good standing status for 45 days. Credit rec’d w/in 3 bill cycles. Activation/early termination/other fees and restrictions may apply. Visit att.com/100credit for full requirements.
7. Performance rankings of first in 56 cities and tied for first in 37 cities out of 125 total cities studied, based on second half RootMetrics® RootScore® report for each city in the second half of 2013 of 4 national mobile networks that rely on scores calculated from random samples. Your experiences may vary. The RootMetrics award is not an endorsement of AT&T. Visit rootmetrics.com for more details.
8. PCWorld/TechHive, May 23, 2013, “AT&T clocks best overall speeds with 3G/4G combo.”
9. PC Magazine, June 17, 2013; http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420333,00.asp
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest and most reliable 4G LTE network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV service with the AT&T U-verse® brand. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com/aboutus or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2013 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.