The Polk Striker ZX headset is designed specifically for Xbox One. The Striker ZX connects users with a high performance immersive audio experience that is intended to take them deeper into games, music and movies. Polk Audio’s design of the Striker ZX is functional, stylish, and comfortable to keep gamers focused on gaming. Polk has developed its own wireless headset adapter that connects gamers wirelessly to the Xbox One, gives them chat functionality, and enables them to control both their game and chat volume mix.
Inside the box you will find the Striker ZX headset and the Polk engineered wireless adapter. The adapter is a snap to install. Just pop it into a wireless controller, update the controller’s firmware, and you are ready to play. Since the neodymium speaker drivers inside the headset run off of the controller’s 2 AA batteries, you don’t have to worry about buying strange battery sizes or charging docks.
Striker ZX Features:
- Polk Audio has been in the sound game for over 40 years. They know how to make amazing-sounding headphones. The Striker ZX’s sound will help you hear all the detail and all the subtleties in the game.
- The 40mm drivers have been created using Polk’s patented Dynamic Balance driver design process. This helps eliminate resonances and creates the Striker’s high-quality sound.
- Sturdy build means the Striker headset is a tool you can depend on to give you a gaming edge for years to come.
- Strain Relief Cable connector at the ear cup ensures the 40-inch cable always keeps you in the game. Two additional Split Cables enable you to connect to your platform of choice.
- Wireless Headset Adapter: Polk’s Xbox One design will have higher output for gaming and chat, helping create a better gaming experience.
- Retractable, Omni-directional boom microphone, with a 7cm extension, is flexible so it conforms to the way you like to chat and slides neatly into the ear cup when you’re done.
- The chat loop feature listens into your mic and lets you hear your voice in the headset to avoid shouting.
The overall construction of the headset is sturdy. Both over-the-ear speakers feel firmly attached to their swivel mounts, one allowing the speaker to rotate up and down, and the other left and right.
The low-density foam on the top of the head-band is a nice design element. Many head-sets cause fatigue after about an hour of use. It might be a combo of the lightweight build and the foam, but after 4 hours of gameplay we still had no pain & no fatigue with the Striker ZX.
We like the retractable mic. It comes in handy when you need it out of the way while playing because you can just push the mic in. We prefer a retractable mic like this one over a microphone on an arm-swivel since we don’t have to worry about the swivel eventually loosening or falling down while playing. While the headset is powered, you can hear yourself over the ear-cups when you are speaking to other gamers. We find that the in-ear monitor feature makes pronouncing and speaking much more natural.
Altogether, the Polk Audio Striker ZX Full-Immersion Gaming Headset is solid. It sounds great and feels sturdy. We like!