AgileBits has released major updates to its iOS and Mac versions of 1Password. For the iOS version, 4.5 is more than just a point release. It could have been called 1Password 5.0 if they wanted to. It’s been rebuilt for speed and iOS 7 improvements including a brand new sharing menu. It supports AirDrop and the search feature is now always accessible. It also adds the multiple file vault feature for the Mac version and can link to more than one Dropbox account. That’s just a taste. There’s a bunch more below.
The Mac version has been updated to to version 4.3 If you noticed you’re on 4.1 and are a bit confused, there’s a reason for that. 4.2 was a release on the non-app store version of 1Password that never made it to the Mac App Store. Don’t worry though, all the 4.2 changes are rolled into the 4.3 release. There’s USB drive syncing in this release, a lot more features for the Mini version, a whole lot of shortcuts for power users, and they’ve improved sync to boot.
And for Android users, you shouldn’t feel left out. A full-featured app is headed your way in the near future. Also, in honor of Heartbleed, 1Password is half off right now. If you wanted it, but maybe thought it was too expensive (getting your accounts hacked is more expensive BTW), now would be a good time to pick 1Password up.
1Password 4.5 for iOS
There are things that go bump in the night, like password reuse and the internet’s “Heartbleed” bug. The vastly redesigned 1Password for iOS is the thing that bumps back.
P.S. – We love hearing from you! Email us with feedback or questions at email@example.com.
1Password – The Reimagined Edition
- This ain’t just a new paint job and an air freshener. We rebuilt 1Password for speed and productivity, adding some of our best and most-requested features—all as a free update to existing version 4 owners.
- Note: iOS apps don’t actually support air fresheners (yet?).
- By very, very popular demand, Search is now always accessible at the top of the Categories tab and each main category (Logins, Secure Notes, etc.).
- AirDrop – Share items more conveniently, face-to-face.
- Our sharing menu is now a good iOS 7 citizen.
- iPhone item details for viewing and editing items are now 75-90% more viewtiful and edible. Wait, editable. Yeah.
- Nothing says “reimagined” like a brand new app icon.
Multiple & Shared Vault support
- If you create multiple vaults with 1Password 4 for Mac (Windows coming soon!), you can now add them to 1Password for iOS and switch between them in Settings. Great for securely sharing items with coworkers or family, or simply for your own organization!
- Demo Mode is dead, long live the new Demo Vault – We moved our popular Demo Mode feature to Settings > Vaults. You can add demo information as a secondary vault to show off 1Password to your friends without showing them all your personal information.
- Multiple Dropbox accounts – Have more than one Dropbox account? Great! You can now sync vaults shared via different Dropbox accounts.
1Browser is better than ever
Our built-in browser is faster and more powerful, making it even easier to login, checkout, and fill forms with a single tap. Plus, the list of apps that support 1Password now includes everything from newsreaders, to finance managers, and even a beer diary!
- One AutoFill to rule them all – Logins, Identities, and Credit Cards are all under the same button in 1Browser, similar to 1Password mini on the Mac!
- 1Browser now prompts the user to allow it to open non-http and non-https URLs, such as FaceTime call prompts.
- Swipe it to the left, swipe it to the right. *Ahem*, to go back and forward in 1Browser, that is.
- The 1Browser tab view got a facelift.
- Awesome Little Circular Progress Indicator in 1Browser – For your page loading pleasure.
Keep It Together
- We now support custom item images added via 1Password 4 for Mac.
- Improvements and bug fixes in Wi-Fi Sync.
- The iPhone might get bigger soon, but the size of your data file sure won’t! In fact, we made it much smaller, which makes sync much faster.
- The ‘Folders’ tab on iPhone is now called ‘Organize’ because…
- Tags join the party – Any tags you add to items in 1Password for Mac and Windows now appear next to your folders on iOS! Tag on.
- Si vostè està llegint aquest missatge, significa 1Password ha estat traduïda al català! (localization for our Catalan customers!)
- Speaking of languages, you can now change 1Password’s language settings in-app.
- New user setup process is new – We made it even easier and clearer to get started with 1Password.
- For those upgrading from 1Password 3 for iOS, the import process is much improved.
- 1Password is now 34% smaller – if you’ve been short 8.6MB of space on your device, we got you covered!
1Password 4.3 for Mac
1Password 4.3 for the Mac App Store is a *massive update* that includes all the features from our v4.2 update for our website version. There’s great new stuff here that you’ve been asking for, such as: updating existing items right in the browser when you change passwords, editing items right in 1Password mini, lots of new keyboard shortcuts, USB drive support, sync improvements, and much more!
This wouldn’t have been possible without your feedback. Please continue sharing it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love hearing from you!
The Big Stuff
- When you update a password for an existing item, the AutoSave window will now prompt you to update that item!
- You can now choose which vault to use when saving a new Login
- Edit items directly within 1Password mini!
- Edit generated passwords in 1Password mini, too
- Looking for something specific? 1Password mini now searches everything, from your usernames to your notes
- We’ve added full screen support so 1Password can be larger than ever!
- Like keyboard shortcuts? 1Password mini now has a *ton* of ‘em
- Keyboard shortcuts for switching vaults
- Tab and Shift-Tab shortcuts to navigate in 1Password mini’s details view
- Command (⌘)-O to anchor 1Password mini’s details view
- Command (⌘)-E to enter edit mode in 1Password mini’s details view
- Command (⌘)-S to save changes in 1Password mini’s details view
- Command (⌘)-. to cancel changes and exit the edit mode in 1Password mini’s details view
- By popular request, 1Password mini now shows Secure Notes!
Sync & Export
- Now when you change your Master Password, it will sync to your other devices
- Internet? Who needs it! USB is the future, so now you can sync your data file using a USB drive
- We’ve made some improvements to the way 1Password interacts with Dropbox
- New exporting options: 1Password can now export items to CSV and plain text (careful here—your items are not encrypted in these formats!)
- Added the ability to move items (in addition to copy) from one vault to another
- Right clicking on an item in the item list will now select that item
- We’ve made the item list even better, both when you right click on an item and when you click on the Item menu
- You can now resume editing if 1Password locks or quits in the middle of a change
- You can even switch vaults while editing an item and resume editing when you switch back
- Easily rename tags directly within the sidebar
- Item note editing now supports Undo/Redo
- New Find Backup button allows you to restore external backup files
- You can now restore from a backup when launching 1Password for the first time
- Catalan and Danish localization
- New languages added
- Updated translations
- Greatly improved URL matching makes logging in to sites with sub domains easy
- Use Go&Fill from the main application even when your browser is not open
- 1Password mini now supports fuzzy search. For example: “oogle” will now return items named “Google”
- Improved support for multiple Chrome profiles
- Addressed some minor visual and grammar issues
- You can now sort by Category in Security Audit
- Improved import from CSV
- Squashed many bugs reported by our awesome customers
- Improved the user experience in Preferences > Sync
- Added the ability to search in “/Dropbox/Apps/1Password/” when launching 1Password for the first time
- Improved sync performance
- Reduced database size
- 1Password mini’s details view popover appears quicker
- Improved browser code signature verification
- Improved CSV parser used for import
- Improved 1Password Updater
- The item list selection changes to the right-clicked item if it was not already selected
- Text fields manually created in 1Password 3 are now displayed in the web form details
- Improvements in the context menu of the item list and in the “Item” menu in the main menu
- The Login’s title will no longer change after switching vaults in the autosave window
- 1Password now detects if the Dropbox app is located in a non-standard location
- Improved browser filling performance
- Improved the “About 1Password” window
- Improved domain matching to include the latest ICANN domains
- Made sure that it is not possible to launch 1Password Updater from Trash.
- Fixed problem where local changes are sometimes lost after Dropbox or Folder sync is triggered.
- Fixed rare problem where 1Password did not connect to 1Password mini after an update and a fresh download was required.
- Fixed problem where Find Backup results in “Failed adding backup” after backup is successfully added.
- Fixed problem where custom icons had a white background colour.
- Fixed problem where undo was not working in Secure Notes fields in 1Password mini.
- Fixed printing of multi-line notes.
- Fixed problem where 1Password mini returned duplicated items when searching in all fields.
- Fixed problem where the “address” field title wasn’t localizable for Identities.
- Fixed crash when switching vaults very quickly using the newly added keyboard shortcuts.
- Fixed crash when entering the edit mode in 1Password.
- Fixed crash when enabling Dropbox sync.
- Fixed crash when exporting to CSV format.
- Fixed several issues related to item syncing when using multiple vaults.
- Fixed problem when 1Password failed to connect with 1Password mini on slower Macs.
- Fixed problem where rich icons for Logins were not being displayed in the details view.
- Fixed issue where 1P mini menu could span the screen boundary when opened on a secondary screen positioned to the left of the primary screen.
- Fixed issue where 1P mini menu would always open to the left of the parent menu when opened on a secondary screen positioned to the right of the primary screen.
- Fixed some minor UI issues in Preferences > Security.
- Crash when switching vaults very fast using the newly added keyboard shortcuts.
- Changing your Master Password will now sync to other devices.
- Fixed problem when switching vaults during sync setup merged the wrong data files.
- Now always validating keychain file before syncing.
- Fixed problem when “Edit Login in 1Password” from the autosave window didn’t show the item to be edited.
- Colons ‘:’ no longer used in generated passwords to work around a copy-paste issue in iOS 7. Reported by Andy Espin <email@example.com>
- Fixed crash when filling an item that could not be decrypted.
- Resolved a crash that would happen when setting up Dropbox syncing.
- Fixed crash when enabling iCloud sync.
- Fixed Database Locked error that could occur after upgrading to a new version.
- Fixed problem when deleting item sections.
- Fixed problem when deleting URLs when there are duplicates in the list.
- The item list section header’s date is now localized.
- Disabled switching to a locked secondary vault in the Autosave window.
- Fixed copy in the web form details and previously used passwords fields.
- Fixed the vertical alignment of the copy button in the Item Details view.
- Fixed problem where the item title was truncated in 1Password mini.
- Fixed problem when the keyboard shortcuts were not remapped after creating a vault from an existing keychain.
- Fixed problem where merge and confirm window was showing unnecessarily when enabling sync.
- Fixed problem where “symbol” was displayed instead of “symbols” in the details view password generator’s password recipe.
- Fixed autolayout constraint violations when editing login fields.
- Fixed problem where “About Licenses” in the license window was cutoff for certain translations.
- Fixed crash during conflict resolution for items with non-string field values.
- Fixed crash in 1Password mini’s window.
- Fixed rare crash in 1Password mini before displaying the autosave window.
- Fixed crash when enabling Dropbox or Folder sync for the first time.
- Fixed rare crash in syncing.