Facebook officially announced yesterday that they’ve launched the beta version of their newest product – Facebook Questions. The feature allows users to pose questions to the entire 500 million strong social network. Think about it. If you’re planning a trip to New York and are looking for great places to stay and eat, now you can ask every NYC local on Facebook with a simple click.
The product is currently being tested and is only available to a select few people. As always, we’ll keep you posted when Facebook Questions is ready to take on all the world’s queries.
The new feature will enable users to ask their questions in several different formats:
- Photo questions – Say you took a photo of an adorably puppy but want to know the breed, upload your image and get the answer.
- Polling – You can set up your question as a poll if you’re looking for a ‘which is better’ type of answer.
- Tagging – Tagging your questions will help users search through questions by topic.
- Topic exploration – You can also sift through an ‘Everything’ filter that features every incoming question in real time.
- Following – Simply follow your question – or someone else’s – for updates.
- Updated homepage – Look out for the new bar at the top of the homepage. When Facebook Questions becomes available to everyone, you’ll find it there.
As an added bonus, Facebook has made it quite clear that it will not be using Facebook Questions as an advertising platform. Its only goal is to offer insights to users. What do you think of Facebook’s newest product?