A new remembrance app has hit Indiegogo today. RipCemetery lets you keep your loved ones and pets close to your heart. The project creates an online community and brings people together to share their loss. The app also allows you to leave virtual tributes to a loved one, with part of the proceeds going to charity. The RipCemetery Project is looking for $23,000 on Indiegogo. You can find more info and the link in the release below.
RipCemetery Launches to Create Unique Online Community to Honor and Remember Loved Ones
New free app debuting on IndieGoGo builds a loving place to celebrate life, share memories of friends, family members and pets
Venice, Italy – February 10, 2015 – Remembering friends and family members and even pets who have passed away is very important and can also be very difficult – particularly when people are separated by many miles and are so busy. Today, RipCemetery launches on IndieGoGo with an online community where participants can easily pay tribute to loved ones who have died, sharing memories, photos and videos in a safe and private environment.
RipCemetery is designed as a platform where family and friends can intimately create a space to honor a person and keep the memories alive forever. The free app goes beyond online obituaries, being more interactive and responsive and a social gathering point for all who share a loss.
The app was created by founder Jacopo Vitali who wanted a way to honor a young cousin who died and find a place where everyone could leave remembrances, stories and express their feelings forever.
“None of the social platforms really worked as a way to remember my cousin, and all of our friends and family lived too far apart to gather together in one place. I wanted to share my feelings with others who knew him, but there was not a good way to do that on current social networks,” said Vitali. “I developed the RipCemetery as a way for mourners to share memories online, build out a support network and connect with people all over the world. It’s a new way to help everyone who is dealing with loss.”
RipCemetery is a Virtual Community
The new platform allows friends and family to visit a virtual memorial, leave ‘flowers’ and other ‘gifts’ or share a story, photo and other memory with others also suffering the loss. It is a private outlet to help participants find peace and move forward, celebrating a life in a caring space. The app offers several ways to connect and reminisce:
- Create and personalize a virtual family tomb where users can add dear ones and pets
- Leave special tributes with custom photos and graphics where participants can deliver virtual flowers or other objects
- Create custom and personalized messages that will be shared with others who are also remembering this person (called Post-Rip)
- Contribute a thought, a photo or a video in a virtual guestbook for other participants to view and respond to
- A portion of the money participants spend for tributes, virtual flowers or toys will be donated by RipCemetery to a charitable organization
- Adjustable privacy settings depending on whom you want to allow to participate
- An in-app geolocation system to make it easy to visit a loved one’s memorial
RipCemetery is launching today on IndieGoGo with a goal of reaching $23,000 by April 9, 2015. To donate visit igg.me/at/RipCemetery.
RipCemetery is the first app from a team of developers based in the tech community in Venice, Italy. They are focused on creating a social community that is truly universal and which will become part of the support network to help mourners remember and honor a loved one. For more information, visit ripcemetery.com.