Many brands have already integrated it into their digital strategy. They’re not just including it in an organic marketing strategy, but are coughing up big bucks to be in the Discover section, which is currently the only way to include paid advertising campaigns on the platform.
Why are brands so smitten with Snapchat? That answer lies in the numbers and the numbers don’t lie – here we leave some to prove it.
- More than 150 million people use Snapchat every day. Over 140 million people use twitter on a daily basis.
- Snapchat users post more than 10,000 million videos per day, the same amount as Facebook in 2015.
- Snapchat already has more users than Twitter, Pinterest or LinkedIn.
- Users play more than 8o billion #Snaps daily, well above the 70 million daily posts on Instagram.
- Snapchat grew more in a year than Twitter did in 4 years.
- 65% of Snapchat users upload photos every day. Only 35% of Facebook users do the same.
- Snapchat reaches more Millennials (18-34 years) than Instagram.
DO ALL BRANDS NEED TO INCLUDE SNAPCHAT IN THEIR BRAND STRATEGY?
No, absolutely not. As mentioned above, it’s clear that Snapchat is fashionable, but study the figures and make sure it has the appropriate target audience for your key demographic.
More than half of Snapchat users are under 24 years old, so if your brand is interested in this audience it might be a good choice for inclusion in your digital strategy.
SOME KEY TIPS FOR INCLUDING SNAPCHAT IN YOUR BRANDING STRATEGY
- Test – Many brands, even those targeting younger audiences are still reluctant to use Snapchat due to not knowing effective content strategies on the platform. Dive in! Test different content at different times of day, use crazy filters, create your own filters, etc. It’s time to surprise your audience and stand out from the crowd.
- Be decisive – Snapchat is a platform that requires more immediate decisions, freshness and real-time marketing than any other. Use your experience and go with your gut. You can’t be sitting around creating detailed editorial calendars which sync with marketing plans if you’re going to be effective here. Use the platform to broadcast in real-time at live events, etc. Remember, all the content will disappear within 24 hours.
- Practice – Snapchat changes every day. Their development team is always making improvements and introducing new possibilities for both brands and users.
- Be creative – Launch a contest with short time-frames, offer prizes only available on Snapchat for your followers which encourage them to do screen shots and spread your Snapchat profile to their friends on other social platforms. There are many creative options for growing your audience. Surprise your users and yourselves!