Inboxes have a hard time staying in order and keeping clean these days. Between Facebook updates, Twitter notifications and Foursquare location announcements, that little inbox icon is barraged with what is really junk. Not allowing for the important information to shine though.
Taskforce aims to be your breath of fresh air with an inline Gmail extension. Users’ broadcast emails (Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, CC’s and Mailing lists) are filtered, labeled and kept out of inboxes through the use of an Activity feed. Tasks can be created and shared directly from Taskforce, and kept in the extension so long threaded emails can live outside of the inbox.
Getting the Gmail extension up and running is pretty straight forward:
- Register your Gmail email address with Taskforce
- Choose which Gmail extension you want, either Chrome, Firefox or Safari
- Install the extension via Google Chrome extensions
- Open a browser window and log into http://www.gmail.com
- Click on the email you want to be reminded about and click the “convert to task” button. This will pop up in your new activity box in the upper right of your screen when the timer gets set off.
Mobile users aren’t left in the dark. Taskforce’s mobile (iPhone-centric) website can access task lists and activity updates. Drop a link on your home page for quicker access.
For those interested, you can sign up for the Taskforce beta here.
Let us know if indeed it does help you focus more on what’s important in your inbox!