How does a remote-controlled robot that can transform, roll or even crawl around to scare your neighbors sound?
Well Toby Baumgartner of the Kickstarter project called the TROLLER 1D is making that happen. Now, it isn’t as glamorous as the picture but it is starting out as a single TROLLER 1D that can rock back and forth or crawl like a caterpillar. The design consists of a series of mechanical links to form a single TROLLER, including a master link which will house the main components such as the motor, main controller, sensors, etc.
The Project’s goal is to reach $2,600 to improve the functionality of the robot as well as add motion sensors and wireless communication. Pledges can start as low as a $1, but if you would like to build your own you can pledge $350 to be one of the first to receive the TROLLER 1D kit without the special electronics. Or you can pledge $1,250 to be one of two to receive the full TROLLER kit of the final design including all parts and electronics.
The future goal for Baumgartner is to join two TROLLER 1D’s together to form what will be called the TROLLER DUO (as shown in the pictures), which can crawl on four legs and form into a ball to roll around.
The timeline of the project as follows
- May 2012 – KickStarter Project Launch
- June 2012 – KickStarter Project Ends (If success, then work continues), acquire materials, begin testing and development for the TROLLER.
- July to Sept 2012 – Cut, Assemble, Pack, & Ship Backer Rewards
- Oct 2012 to Feb 2013 – Design & Testing Phase for TROLLER 1D
- Mar 2013 – Finalize design – TROLLER 1D Kits Available!
For more information, visit the Kickstarter link below.