UPDATE: This position has been filled. Welcome to the team Jack Beavers!
Wow! We’ve been growing rapidly here at Livid Lobster and we’re looking to add a part time script writer for the Geek Beat daily show! So, if you’re passionate and knowledgeable about technology, have ninja-like writing skills, and a great sense of humor – read on!
Get to the Details Already!
Ok, ok. Here is the deal. If you’re reading this I’m assuming that you’re already a fan of the show, so you know that Cali hosts our daily show on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. What you might not know is that Cali writes every single episode herself too! That’s like 10,000 episodes she’s written in the past year!!! Ok, maybe only about 300… but each one takes her about an hour and a half to two hours to put together, even though they are only 5 minutes long.
That wasn’t such a big deal in the past, but now that she’s hosting 2 TV shows, the Geek Beat Daily show, and our new My Mobile Life show, there simply isn’t time to spare! So, we’re looking for someone who can hop in and take over responsibility for writing the daily show.
What We’re Looking For
First of all, we don’t want a stick-in-the-mud! You need to be the kind of person who likes to have fun, because the rest of the Livid Lobster team sure does!
Secondly, you need to have mad writin’ skillz. And I’m not talking about corporate press releases! I mean you need to be able to write an awesome script destined for the green screen. Believe me, Cali can do it justice! But YOU have to fill it full of awesomeness.
Finally, we’re looking for someone who is extremely reliable. The news must go out, on time – every time! When Cali is ready to shoot the show, the script has to be ready to go. Otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of getting help, right?
What We Can Offer
- Well, money obviously. Don’t get me wrong, we’re not going to make you rich, but we will pay $50 per episode. As we said before, right now we release three shows a week, but there’s also potential for bumping up to 5 days a week after we get into a groove.
- Fantastic exposure. Our daily shows will be viewed about 20 million times each year. YOUR name will be in the credits of every one. Not to mention all the love that Cali, myself and the team will show you in the social media sphere and elsewhere!
- An awesome sense of community. Seriously, the group of people we have working together at Livid Lobster, from our producers and videographers to our bloggers, to our staffers, are the most awesome people ever. Its a giant freakin’ love fest around here! (Um, that is not an invitation for swingers to apply.)
- Opportunity for more. Since we launched the business a year and a half ago we’ve gone from producing one podcast to producing multiple online shows, multiple live shows, multiple TV shows, and growing our blogging presence online at least 10 fold. As we continue to succeed there will be more and more opportunity for each of us.
How YOU Can Join Us
So, you’re still sticking around? Well, OK then! If you think you’ve got what it takes just follow the guidelines below. I’ll be personally reviewing every submission, as will Cali.
Step 1: Provide Writing Samples
- Pick 10 stories from the list below
- Write (2) 5 minute shows
- Each show should contain 5 stories.
- They should be informative and easy to understand to an average person.
- Don’t forget to be humorous and entertaining!
Step 2: Email the 2 show examples to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Your Name
- Your Email address
- Your Experience (don’t worry, we’re judging your skillz, not your background)
- Anything else you’d like to share about why you want to join the team.
Stories to Choose From
- iLaunch Thunder
- Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime
- Robotic Sports Commentators
- Electronic Contact Lenses
- Ant-Roach Robot
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Q Series Media Center PC
- iPhone Lens Dial
- Kindle Fire
- iPad Mouse Pad
- Super Mario Brothers Recreation in Minecraft
- Robot Pillow
- Ladder Climbing Robot
- Curly Cables
- Kinect 2
- LCD monitor & 3D Glasses Hack
- Little Printer
- Steady Stand
- USB Whack It
That’s it! What are you doing still reading this stuff down here? Seriously, there is nothing else of value to see, because everything you need to know is already out there. I mean, you’ve seen plenty of the shows, right? So you should have a feel for Cali’s “voice” already. All you need to do now is send in a couple of sample scripts and show us how amazing you are!
Really. I honestly don’t have the time to keep writing this blog post. You need to stop reading so I can move on. My wife is waiting on me to eat dinner you know.
Ok. This is just silly. Apparently you’re going to keep reading no matter what. So I’m leaving.