Drone maker xCraft is launching their fastest quadcopter on Kickstarter. In fact, they claim the X PlusOne is the fastest drone out there, period. The X PlusOne hovers like any other quadcopter, but is also designed to transition to forward flight. This allows the X PlusOne to reach speeds of 60 mph. It’ll also give you 15 minutes of flying time on a single charge. The X PlusOne has an optional 2-axis gimbal for a GoPro camera as well as fixed mounts for the GoPro and Micro DV cameras.
The X PlusOne is $199 for a DYI kit, or $479 for ready-to-fly, on Kickstarter.
X PlusOne: World’s fastest quadcopter aerial camera drone
The X PlusOne is a revolutionary hybrid drone that combines the ability for both stabilized hover and remarkably fast forward flight.
Drones seem to be everywhere. Unfortunately the vast majority of them are multi-rotors that excel at one thing: hovering. This solves one side of the problem, but when shooting a fast-moving subject you need speed. A team of engineers created a drone called X PlusOne that combines multi-rotor capabilities with high-speed flight from its fixed wing to enable vertical take off and landing and fast forward efficient flight without compromising precision hovering capabilities. X PlusOne breaks the 100km/hr. record.
“We’ve been working on the X PlusOne for over 16 months and thrilled to be releasing the Kickstarter to the community.” – JD Claridge, X PlusOne Founder
• A speed demon: Need to follow a fast subject or want some super-cool flybys? The patent-pending design of the X PlusOne has you covered by its ultra-fast cruise mode with speeds over 60 mph (100 kph).
• The hover ship: A stable quadcopter when you need it for tight takeoffs and landings or when shooting stills.
• Easy to fly: Stabilized in both hover and cruise modes. Auto recovery switch ensures that if you get in trouble, one flip of a switch will put the craft into auto-level hover.
• Expandable for the pro: If you’re already an expert, disable stabilization for amazing aerobatics, unlike anything you’ve ever experienced with an RC aircraft.
• Ultimate GoPro accessory: With multiple options for mounting GoPro action cameras, your inner aerial cinematographer will never be in want with the X PlusOne.
• Stable camera platform: Optimized control algorithms and an optional 2-axis brushless camera gimbal mean you get rock-solid, silky-smooth aerial video and stills.
• Ready to fly – and film: Ready To Fly and Film packages give you everything you need to keep up with the action. All Ready To Fly packages include the assembled X PlusOne, motors and electronics, 2.4 GHz transmitters, battery, and charger. The Ready To Film packages also throw in a micro DV or GoPro Hero camera!
• Safe: The X PlusOne is rich in safety features including Safe-Arm and Auto-Recovery.
• Dimensions: 32.5 x 19 x 14 inches
• Flying weight: 2.8 lbs
• Patent-pending hybrid quadcopter flying wing design
• Speed range: hover – 60 mph (100 kph)
• Flight time: 10-15 minutes
• Breaks down for easy transportation
• Optional 2-axis brushless gimbal for GoPro
• Optional fixed GoPro mount
• Optional fixed micro DV camera
• Optional GoPro Hero HD action camera
The X PlusOne feels right at home hovering with the multi-rotors or skimming the treetops at blistering speeds! Currently available on Kickstarter, early backers will be able to pre-order a DIY Kit for $199 or ready to fly X-PlusOne for $479.
xCraft, recently out of stealth, has designed an entirely new UAV airframe built to support the variable needs for drone buyers. Combining both VTOL design aspects and fast, efficient forward flight, the xCraft X PlusOne is a drone in the market that is unique. More information about xCraft can be found at http://xcraft.io